Sunday, August 06, 2006

Mendocino & Home

Alec and I took off for Caspar, CA this weekend for some shows and to hang with our friends, Lindsey and Sean. Lots of good laughs with them and much fun!

Camped by the ocean, got very little sleep but had yummy breakfasts, made s'mores at sunset with good folks around a campfire, did a few peaceful hours with Alec kayaking on the Big River through the woods and saw some good Butter shows.

I really am grateful for this summer. I've had some lovely weekends with friends and "family".

This was the view from the Mendocino Headlands, where we walked for a bit. Next time we'll take the kayak out on the ocean too.


Today we were at Hidden Villa in Los Altos. I worked the merch table...I love talking to people and engaging them. Just like tabling back in the day...I learn a lot asking questions and sharing what I know with them. Here's a few shots from the day.

I cracked up when I saw Kyle, Chris and Arin demonstrating how I dance. I'll post that video later this week It's pretty darn funny. I'll miss those kids! We had a great time last night playing cribbage during the set break.





Now, things shift a little more to the homefront. I'm turning my focus on graduate school goals for this year and putting some time into my Santa Cruz world. I feel like I've been out of town most of the summer and been able to reconnect with a lot of folks.

I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine and settling into late summer in Santa Cruz!

-K

2 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Chris Frost said...

hey, some pics from the chamber mixer, a couple of good ones i thought you might like to see

http://flickr.com/photos/thescottishguy/sets/72157594233644243/

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Triskel said...

Love the pics! The dancing looks like fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home