Monday, August 14, 2006

The gratitude continues...



My mom sent me these photos today. I'm feeling particularly close to her especially at this moment. It's nice. I look like her in this picture, don't you think?

I'm 3+ years old when this was taken in Virginia Beach. A cold summer, no doubt. Lucky for me, many many years later, I'm enjoying a beautiful summer in Santa Cruz.

What I'm grateful for (and I feel like I've been saying this a lot):

-a sweet, loving and handsome husband
-really great friends & deep, meaningful, long-lasting friendships with men and women
-a home in a beautiful spot of paradise (with cats I actually have grown to like, even tho' I'm a dog person)
-a strong connection with my family and ancestors
-passion and interests that keep me fired up
-an education that keeps expanding
-a job I enjoy
-opportunities every day to grow and learn
-Wallace Stegner's books
-live music and digital storytelling
-organic food, beaches, redwoods and the smell of salty water when the fog rolls in...

Me & Mom at Gettysburg


Enough of this. I'm trying to keep my posts shorter due to some advice I saw on a blog better than mine.

Special thoughts and prayers tonight to my dear friend David. May Ranger & Jake run together in the great woods of the sky.

-K


"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home