Thursday, July 27, 2006

On Tour

Hello from Idaho.

I've spent a lovely week in Montana--four days around Bozeman (in Yellowstone Park, Gallatin River, Yellowstone River, Gallatin Canyon with the Zell's and last night in Missoula.) and now, we're in Idaho.

And, it's really hot. Even though it's nearly 7pm....coolness and darkness only come at 10pm.

Here's the pic from Gallatin Canyon.


A good, deep mutually-supportive friendship formed and tarot in a tipi by Margot soothed my soul...and she reminded me of things I needed to hear...A day on the river, whitewater rafting with the Hot Buttered Rum crew, revisiting the place near where I worked in Yellowstone, hanging with Baby-T and helping the Zell's with their marketing plan for Montana Whitewater all sandwiched into a purposeful four days.

I love helping small businesses, and Bill and Margot are great people to support. And, so that continues with HBR....here we are out on whitewater of the Gallatin River..it's a Class IV at times, tho' much of it is Class III.



There's a performance group playing at this little coffeeshop, which is about 100 miles north of Boise, called "Juxtapercussion"...five people playing percussion in a routine. HBR goes on after them, and then we drive to southern Washington for a weekend bluegrass festival. After that, it's back to S.F and home to my sweet Alec who I am missing very much on this trip.

Since I met up with the bus, it's been a whirlwind tour. I adjusted pretty quickly to their life on the road and the haphazard-yet-somehow simultaneously constant schedule. The previous four days were so different in comparison...more nature, deeper friendshps, a little quiet time alone and lots of outdoor beauty everywhere you turn. On tour, it's hot, late late nights of a bus filled with people, talking to lots of random strangers and sleeping in a hot bus.

Today at the lake here in McCall was great...I've been in the water (lake, river) at least five out of the six days here on vacation! Yay!

That's all for now...want to go listen to the drums!
Happy trails to you all.

-K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home